The Matter Ledger allows you to keep track of all accounting for a Matter. The ledger uses two column accounting to track money flowing into a Matter account (“Credit”) and money flowing out of a Matter account (“Debit”). For example, fees and costs are debits and retainers are credits.
- Use the Print button under the Matter > Ledger tab to print the Matter Ledger to use an invoice.
To add an item to the Matter Ledger:
- Switch to the Matters app using the app switcher links
- Click a Matter record from the record list to open the Matter
- Click the Ledger tab in the Matter attributes panel
- Click the Add button in the Matter/Ledger toolbar
- Choose the type of transaction, “Credit” or “Debit”
- Enter other information regarding the transaction
- Click the Save Changes button to save the record